Dangerous substance and Weapons
As a main rule, all types of dangerous substances are prohibited in the checked-in baggage.
Dangerous substances include:
• Explosives such as propane or butane
• Flammables such as petrol or fireworks
• Corrosives such as car batteries
• Chemical or toxic substances such as tear gas or batteries containing liquid
As a main rule, it is not allowed to bring any type of dangerous substances into the cabin.
• Weapons are permitted in the checked-in baggage. The bolt and thus the whole rifle must be in the checked-in baggage.
• It is prohibited to bring weapons or replicas/toy weapons into the cabin
• Knives and sharp objects longer than 6 cm will be rejected
• It is illegal to bring lockable knives on international flights
Please verify that:
• you have a valid firearms certificate, police ID card, military ID card, export authorisation, European firearms pass or weapons declaration when travelling out of Greenland
• the weapon is not loaded
• the weapon is separated, if possible
• the weapon and ammunition are packed separately, securely and neutrally, if possible
• Please note that you will be asked to present the documents necessary for import of weapons to Denmark or other countries
• In case of doubt, the case will be handed over to the police